Best answer

HubSpot SMS to Send field visible in the trigger but not in action/filter

• 12 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I'm triggering my zap based on the field “SMS to Send” changing in HubSpot. This works fine in the trigger section. But I also want to filter on that field so that I can send a different SMS message based on the field value and cannot see it in the filter field list using the Filter by Zapier action. I see many other custom fields from HubSpot.

SMS to Send started as a dropdown. I then changed to a single line of text - didn’t work. I then removed SMS figuring it may be a reserved word in triggers. No change.

How can a field be visible in Trigger but not in Action/Filter?

icon

Best answer by gschare 14 July 2023, 19:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gschare 

Good question.

Try also specifying that fields in the additional properties to retrieve.

Badge

I somehow got this to work. No idea how. It seemed random as I kept adding fields to retrieve and eventually SMS to Send began to show up in the trigger. 

I just don’t think Zapier can reliably retrieve all my fields from HubSpot so it’s hit or miss if it grabs the one I need. But once it hits, it’s sticky so it seems it’ll be reliable going forward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gschare 

Depending on the HubSpot trigger/action, it will return certain specified default fields, otherwise you need to manually specify the other fields to return.

Badge

I did that and it still did not work reliably. I’m very interested in hearing from Zapier support on why this happened. I will run another test with a brand new zap in the meantime to see if it still repros. But my primary zap is now working great so I’m unblocked.

Thanks for the assist Troy!

Badge

Finally solved this after running into it again with yet another new HubSpot field. It’s a Zapier bug that requires clearing the cache before the field is seen beyond the trigger level of the Zap. It worked instantly in an incognito window. I’ve reported the bug to Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @gschare,

That's fantastic news! I'm glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue you were facing with the new HubSpot field. Thank you for taking the time to report the bug to our Support team.

Thanks!