Best answer

HubSpot form attachment to Jira task in right format

• 20 September 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a flow set up that creates a new issue in JIRA form a Hubspot form submission. I am trying to use  the Add Attachment to Issue in Jira Software Cloud, but the attachment is showing up as a text/html file. I’ve tested both a PDF and a .doc and it does the same thing. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 September 2023, 22:03

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lwebb 

Good question.

The mapped variable needs to be a file object or a file link.

The value for the mapped variable is neither of those.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy. I’m not quite sure how to map that to a file object or link? The attachment is being submitted through a field in Hubspot (on the same form that triggers the sequence in step 1) 

For mapping an attachment, I see the form fields, or the below JIRA fields

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lwebb 

Did you test as an end user before pulling thru fresh examples in the Zap trigger step to use to configure your Zap actions?

Userlevel 1

Yes

Userlevel 1

For example @Troy Tessalone this is from a test submission; this is the attachment URL that gets sent through from the form

https://23739510.cdnp1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/23739510/form-uploads/072424c5-302a-4dd0-84bc-17fddbda6914/cb5942ac-b7bb-41dc-ba77-7c596616b782-0-2new_calendar_submission-RC-PRO-One-Sheet.pdf?Expires=1695237695&Signature=Uy0sdcC4iVUPuMC8APkU0R5hi67KtfDZenQSPiJ6hW-UQywQaujTNNlD19pCnw31uazl-m1sgMfvjSmQnKaJGSnFS-jwEGXiFQfOXiBHfC4PVY-lhaPS1xuqLqeXph60qV2Krbq5egc5pvT~BW7fJatQ7Z2xSqsY2r6qvp2SoNt1VHHe0Lrb~x96jKSWDIUacw9lTLW5gOGqYeX7e~kh57LXocvMRdB-T-nSAE9AXF-eG4OaaXZAEm9iZFXEERlb6n7kGzJLZDPEvliEmfSM9JdZ1P6XfQ6AjtlCkptUjIhSUN7QxkorsMwwuqeCYykjc2CX6E48g6siF0XbUccasg__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJDNICOKANPHVCSBQ

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lwebb 

The mapped variable value in this example screenshot is: Sample Upload a… calendar Value

That is not a valid value in the form of a file object or a file link.

Try changing the Zap trigger test data.

Can you post screenshots from the Zap trigger DATA OUT for that field?

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Ah, I understand what you mean. I updated the test data and reselected the attachment but it’s still not rendering correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lwebb 

The file link needs to be a publicly accessible direct download link.

You may need to add this Zap action: HubSpot - Get File Public URL

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone, that works now! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Awesome! Glad to hear Troy was able to help you out @lwebb!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 🤗