Question

HubSpot email click - "We couldn't find an email event"

• 14 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to create a zap to add contact info into a Google Sheet triggered by an email click in HubSpot. I’ve connected the account and selected “New Email Event” as the event and “click” as the trigger but on testing I get the error: “We couldn't find an email event”. But I’ve sent 4 emails all of which have had clicks. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help and a solve to this problem! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @danspencer,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please click on “Skip test” (you'll get a warning, but please go ahead 👍) map the Google Sheets action using the test sample data, “Skip Test” again, then turn the Zap ON? 

553caa7fd53e385b2602cf9964101782.png
(view larger)

Next, create an email event in HubSpot to see what happens when it triggers live to see if that works correctly.

Keep us posted! 😊

Thanks @ken.a this worked!

However, when selecting the fields to output in the Google Sheet, I was hoping I could export pretty much any HubSpot field but the options are very limited. Is there a way to get more information extracted from HubSpot with the Zap or is it limited to just these few items of data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @danspencer,

I'm thrilled to hear that my suggestion did the trick!

However, as we are using a "fallback" sample data, some fields may not be returned in the trigger step. Could you please try publishing the Zap and triggering it while it's live? Then, monitor the Zap History and check the Data IN/OUT of the Zap run to see if the fields you're referring to are available. If they are, we may be able to use this workaround in the Community post:

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊