Best answer

How to push Slack workflow form data to new row in Smartsheet - getting "Something unexpected went wrong testing this step" error

• 21 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve set up a new workflow in Slack which contains a form. I want the data from the form responses to be added as a new row in a named Smartsheet. Each question response from the form should be contained within a separate column. When setting this up via Slack, I get the error when testing:  “Something unexpected went wrong testing the step”. See video demo here. What am I doing wrong here? (I can’t seem to mirror the same Zap set-up in the Zap app itself as it will only pull through the data as one long string into a single cell in the Smartsheet and not separate it).

icon

Best answer by SamB 21 March 2023, 15:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @cb_etch. Welcome to the Community! 👋

You’re not doing anything wrong! I did some digging and it discovered that this error will sometimes occur when testing due to authentication issues. Usually reconnecting your Slack account in Zapier will resolve the issue. 

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that then allows you to successfully test the Slack workflow? 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the suggestion @SamB. I just tried this (tested the connections for both the Slack app and Smartsheet app) and also reconnected them both and it hasn’t seemed to work. I will do a few more tests later and report back.