Question

How to handle duplicate form submissions

• 7 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I have set up a Formidable form which has a zap to send leads to Salesforce but I keep getting this error: “Could not create record of the "Lead" object: Duplicate record.” What do I need to do to handle these duplicate entries?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @carn21 

Good question.

You may need to adjust duplicate settings in Salesforce.

Or to avoid duplicates you would configure Zap logic to find/create + update a lead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @carn21! 🙂

Are you using a Find Record action (which has the ability to create a lead record if one isn’t found)? Or are you using a Create Record action to add the leads from Formidable forms into Salesforce? 

And if you can share some screenshots showing the Action section of the Salesforce action(s) in the Zap that will help us to take a closer look at whether there’s anything in the set up there that might need to be tweaked. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, email addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks for the reply. I’m using “create lead” as the action. 

When using the Find Record action, what value should I use for the Salesforce Object?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@carn21 

You’ll want to use a unique value such as an email address.