Question

How do I resolve an error when using Zap to access the Facebook API?

• 10 April 2023
  • 5 replies

I am trying to access the Facebook API using Zap.

However, when Facebook opens, I am unable to proceed due to an error.

How can I use the API with Zap?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @AJS0P1RC1IH1R1A 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To ensure I understand, could you elaborate more on the issue? If you can phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format, that’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

Also, could you send screenshots of how you’ve configured the Zap so far? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

@Charie 

Thanks for the reply.
I'm using the following feature and can't get a good connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @AJS0P1RC1IH1R1A,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like one user encountered a similar issue where Facebook required them to upgrade to the "New Pages Experience", causing some problems. However, they were able to connect their account successfully after downgrading to classic.

Additionally, I've seen similar connection issues with some of our customers using FB Lead Ads because the connection involves Business Manager as well. Should you wish to upgrade to the "New Pages Experience" here's what we look for to confirm all the permissions are in place: 

1. The Facebook Page Owner needs to have a Business Manager account
  2. If someone else, not the Owner, wants to connect with a Zap, they need to be added as "People" and with "Admin access" (this means they need to have a BM account as well)
  3. Invite "People" not "Partners" (Facebook Help Doc | screenshot). This permission can be checked here: link | screenshot
  4. "Manage page" access needs to be granted: screenshot (it is also possible to Add Assets in the People tab to get this popup)
  5. "Manage ad account" needs to be granted: screenshot
  6. The Facebook Page Owner needs to click on "Restore Default Access"link | screenshot > Click on "Restore Default"

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

@ken.a 

Thank you!
I checked with Facebook and they don't have a way to revert back to the classic page anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AJS0P1RC1IH1R1A,

Thanks for keeping me in the loop!

That's a bummer. Did you give the instructions I shared in my last reply a shot? Let me know if that did the trick!

Thanks! 😊