Question

Has anyone successfully automated the process of sending a SurveyMonkey survey using Zapier and the Email Collector feature?

• 29 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Just to provide some context, there is a simple pre-registration form that collects the name and email address of the participants. After a new response with a validated email is received, we want to send the students a survey using the survey email collector. From what I have seen, this automation is possible through Zapier.

Based on my understanding, it appears that Survey Monkey assigns a unique ID to each candidate in the form of a unique link generated by the email collector. 

The only thing I am unsure about is how to extract the ID link and put the html link it in a button, as this is specific to the integration between Survey Monkey and Zapier, and it has not been set up correctly on zapier.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Qeco 

Good question.

Can you outline a specific example for us so we have a better understanding of what you are trying to configure and what issue you are having.

More screenshots will be helpful.

Hi, @Troy Tessalone 

I am trying to set up SurveyMonkey's email collector with Zapier.

My goal is to automate the process of sending the SurveyMonkey survey via Email Collector for every new row that is updated in this Google Sheets database. If I am not clear, my challenge is similar to the one mentioned in the following thread. I would like to extract contacts from a different form within SurveyMonkey itself, specifically the Pre-register form, and send surveys to those contacts. Additionally, I have already automated a Google Sheets database that contains full names and email addresses. 

https://community.zapier.com/how-do-i-3/how-do-i-format-a-zapier-email-to-send-a-surveymonkey-application-from-mailchimp-26370

I have tried to use this HTML code, without including the first embedded question, but it did not work out.

https://github.com/mixelpixel/Zapier-Javascript/blob/main/surveyMonkeyEmbedded1stQuestionZapier.html

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Qeco 

Can you provide screenshots that point out your specific issue?

@Troy Tessalone I managed to set up the email sending configuration, but now I am having trouble properly configuring the body of the email message. The links appear as shown in the screenshot above. And the bottom part is written like this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Qeco 

Check the Message Body field description. click [more]

You may need to use HTML to format the message contents.

HTML resource: https://www.w3schools.com/html/

I formatted in html but still does not work: 

<html>
  <body style="margin:0; padding: 0;">

<div align="center">
      <table border="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" width="100%" color="white" style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; max-width: 700px;">

<style>
.button {
  border: none;
  color: white;
  padding: 15px 32px;
  text-align: center;
  text-decoration: none;
  display: inline-block;
  font-size: 16px;
  margin: 4px 2px;
  cursor: pointer;
}

.button1 {background-color: #01543E;} /* Green */
.button2 {background-color: #008CBA;} /* Blue */
h1 {text-align: left;}
p {text-align: center;}
div {text-align: center;}
</style>
</head>
<body>
          <!-- Adjust This Text -->
          <td align="center">  </td>

</tr>
        <tr bgcolor="#00BF6F">
          <td colspan="5" height="40">&nbsp;</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td height="10" colspan="5">&nbsp;</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td>&nbsp;</td>
          <td colspan="3" align="left" valign="top" style="color:#666666; font-size: 13px;">
            <!-- Adjust This Text -->
            <p>    Dear applicant, </p> 

<p>Proceed with your application to the XX by clicking the button below.</p>

<p><a href="[SurveyLink]"><button class="button button2">Apply Now</button></a></p>

<p><strong>Note</strong>: If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out at formacao@serrapilheira.org</p>
          </td>
          <td>&nbsp;</td>
        </tr>

<tr valign="top" style="color: #666666;font-size: 10px;">
          <td>&nbsp;</td>
          <td valign="top" align="center" colspan="3">
            <!-- Leave This Text As Is -->

<br>
            <br>
            <p>Please do not forward this email as its survey link is unique to you. <br>
              <a href="[PrivacyLink]" target="_blank" style="color: #333333; text-decoration: underline;">Privacy</a> | <a href="[OptOutLink]" target="_blank" style="color: #333333; text-decoration: underline;">Unsubscribe</a>
            </p>
          </td>
          <td>&nbsp;</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
          <td height="20" colspan="5">&nbsp;</td>
        </tr>
        <tr style="color: #999999;font-size: 10px;">

</tr>
        <tr>
          <td height="20" colspan="5">&nbsp;</td>
        </tr>
      </table>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Qeco 

Make sure to check the error message for guidance.