Best answer

Gravity forms to Monday.com: phone number not working - “invalid API for column value” error

• 6 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’ve been trying to integrate gravity forms with monday. it all works fine except for the phone number column, it doesn’t like the number given on gravity forms and says its invalid API for column vaue whereas all other column values work. I have tried multiple examples of phone numbers and all say invalid api for column value. is this an issue with gravity forms or just monday? or a zapier issue?

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 September 2021, 11:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @SLL! :)

Judging by the wording of the error it sounds like the phone number isn’t being sent in a format that monday.com is expecting. 

Monday.com have written up a guide on how to setup data when integrating with their app through Zapier - https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014205860-Zapier-JSON-Formatting-Examples

In that guide it looks as though there’s are a couple different ways phone numbers should be added depending on the type of phone number being added:
87378353509874f82fdd8afd99ea1dcd.png

If only the phone number was added to the phone number field can you try adding the phone number in the relevant format (with or without Country Flag) as per monday.com’s documentation and see if that gets it working? 

Userlevel 1

Probably a little late to help you but I had the same problem and when I changed the setting to international on the gravity form phone field it worked great. Hope this helps somebody else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing the solution you found here, @JayX8. I’m sure it will be helpful to others in the Community too! :)