Best answer

Gravity Forms / Google Sheets shows data flowing but no data shows in Google Sheets

• 11 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I created a Zap about a year ago that pulls data from a Gravity form on my website and adds a new row to a Google sheet with the appropriate data.  The Zap has been working great for about a year but sometime over the last week it stopped working.  When I go and check the Zap history I can see all of the data coming in and going out.  I have tested the Google sheets app connection and Zapier says it is working fine but I each time data is sent (whether in the form or test data) no row is added in Google Sheets.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 11 May 2023, 19:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @tweav270,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Can you tell me if there have been any changes made to the spreadsheet? The following changes to a sheet while a Zap is active can cause errors:

• Deleting existing rows or columns
  • Adding rows anywhere other than to the bottom of your sheet
  • Resorting the sheet 
  • Renaming/adding/rearranging new columns

If you need to make any of those changes to your Google Sheet, you will want to turn your Zap off while you make the change, and then turn it back on again after.

Also, since the Zap is still working, but the data is not getting added to your Google Sheets spreadsheet. Could you also please check if there’s any rows getting created at the bottom of your spreadsheet? Deleting blank rows should be able to fix your issue.

More about this on our help article here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495995099533

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Ken,

THANK YOU for the help!  I scrolled to the bottom of the sheet and, wouldn’t you know it….the data was at the very bottom with a bunch of empty cells in between.  Thank you again!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @tweav270,

You are most welcome! I’m happy I could help.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗