Skip to main content
Question

Gravity Forms error: Malformed Base URL

• 3 July 2024
  • 2 replies

All of a sudden I’m getting a “malformed Base URL” error when I try to reconnect a Gravity Forms connection which has been running for years.
I’ve changed the REST API keys and everything I know - but still I can’t connect. I read this issue was common a few years back - buy why has this occurred again.

I have tested my site for JSON access and now issues. I host with WP Engine - and there are no issues there. Any help or ideas appreciated.

thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @QualityDomes,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

When it comes to this error with Gravity Forms, this can be hard to troubleshoot as there are so many different items at play with that plugin directly.

With this, would you be able to check the items in this article, to make sure all is set as it expects: ( Link )

If this still continues after though, it may be best to open a ticket with Gravity Forms as they recommend, as they would be able to give more in-depth information on why this is not connecting as we expect.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @QualityDomes 👋

Were you able to get to the bottom of what was causing those “Malformed Base URL” errors by reaching out to the Gravity Forms Support team?

Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please let us know if you need any further assistance on this at all! 🙂