Skip to main content
Question

Google's BigQuery connection expires every 24 Hours

• 26 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I'm encountering a recurring issue with my Zapier setup involving Google's BigQuery. Every 24 hours, the connection to BigQuery expires, and I have to manually reconnect it to keep my Zaps running smoothly. This is becoming quite a hassle, especially since my workflows depend on continuous data syncing.

Here are the details:

• Issue: BigQuery connection in Zapier expires every 24 hours.
  • Impact: My Zaps fail to run as the connection needs to be reauthenticated daily.
  • Steps Taken: I've checked the authentication settings and ensured that my BigQuery account permissions are correctly set up.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Are there any workarounds or solutions to prevent the connection from expiring daily? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mentor,

I did some digging into this, and found that the error message requiring re-authentication every 24 hours or less usually means that you need to change your "Reauthentication Policy" in your Google Admin console. 

You can set Zapier as a Trusted App and then exempt Trusted Apps from reauthentication. Or, you can change your settings to never require reauthentication for any app. See https://support.google.com/a/answer/9368756 for details. 

After you have changed your settings in Google Admin, please reconnect your Google BigQuery account to Zapier.

Hopefully, this helps!