Question

Google Contacts update not syncing Date of Birth in Zapier, despite successful test.

• 29 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have set up a zap to make sure when ever google contacts update, this pushes that contact through, it seems to work on basic fields however I really want the date of birth flowing through and its not. Any ideas what I a, doing wrong? The test runs green. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NewStart 

The way you have the variables mapped for the Birthday field creates a concatenated value. (e.g. 51)

Add a birthday field
To create a birthday campaign, you'll first need contact birthday information in a Mailchimp Birthday field.
This is an audience field where you'll store the dates in MM/DD (Month/Day) format.
A regular date field in MM/DD/YYYY (Month/Day/Year) format won't work with this type of automation.

Thanks so much for your reply. I selected only these fields because in Mailchimp that is all there is as you can see from this screenshot. On a dummy client information I set up  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NewStart 

You need to format the data sent to Mailchimp in this format.

If you are still having issues, then post updated screenshots with how your Zap step is configured once updated.

You'll first need contact birthday information in a Mailchimp Birthday field.
This is an audience field where you'll store the dates in MM/DD (Month/Day) format.