Question

Google BigQuery Error ‘Access Denied: BigQuery BigQuery: Permission denied while getting Drive credentials. ​

• 18 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello, 

I am trying to automate a Zap that writes and/or appends a table in BQ when a Form is filled out. However, I’m getting an error ‘Access Denied: BigQuery BigQuery: Permission denied while getting Drive credentials.’

I’ve checked all connections and I’m logged in with the proper accounts.

Any advice?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ETA Data 

Good question.

Since there are no Zap help articles available related to BigQuery, I suggest you try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Got it. Thanks, Troy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @ETA Data! I can see you were able to open a ticket with my teammates in support, which is perfect.👌🏽

Once ya’ll are are able to arrive at an end solution, we’d love it if you shared it here! 🤗

@ETA Data @christina.d I have the same issue, I have tried so many different things but still getting the error. Can you please share the solution? 🙏 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lili CRV,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Please show all the setup of the trigger and action step so that I can take a closer look.

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Lili CRV! 👋

I’m not sure whether this was resolved, it looks like the way it was left with the Support team was that @ETA Data was going to reach out to BigQuery’s support team directly to investigate further. 

That said, I did want to share some of the troubleshooting details shared by Support just in case it’s helpful to you:

“I've pulled the below from here: https://docs.getdbt.com/faqs/troubleshooting/access-gdrive-credential#:~:text=Usually%20this%20errors%20indicates%20that,Google%20Drive%20or%20Google%20Sheet.

Usually this errors indicates that you haven't granted the BigQuery service account access to the specific Google Drive document. If you're seeing this error, try giving the service account (client email seen here) you are using for your BigQuery connection in dbt Cloud, permission to your Google Drive or Google Sheet.

As well as to the account connected, you may need to grant permissions for third party apps so Zapier can access it. If permissions are correct, this may have something to do with the SQL Query. Does that SQL query run without issue outside of Zapier?”

Hope that helps. If you do manage to solve things by adjusting the permissions please let us know. Keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂