Best answer

Google Ads Lead Form - "Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined Troubleshoot error"

Userlevel 1

Hello! I am have a Google Lead form and I am trying to trigger a zap when a new lead comes in.

There is an integration built into Zapier for this, but when I go to test the trigger I get the following error, “Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined”

I’ve tried skipping the test, but then I don’t have the proper data fields to link to send through to the next app in the chain:

icon

Best answer by LFC_Communications 9 March 2023, 21:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LFC_Communications 

Good question.

Check out this help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496055479181

Userlevel 1

Hi @LFC_Communications 

Good question.

Check out this help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496055479181

Thanks for the quick response Troy!

I have followed all of those steps, but I run into the error in the “Testing Trigger” phase which returns the following error: "Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined"

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LFC_Communications 

Userlevel 1

Sample data would be great. However we aren’t even getting that.

It doesn’t pull data at all and returns the error (see screenshots from original post).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LFC_Communications 

Have you tried submitting a Google Lead Form, then changing the Zap trigger data to try to pull thru the sample data?

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LFC_Communications 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for you help Troy. I finally ended up getting it to work, but I had to create a brand new lead form and link it. There must have been something wrong with the original one I created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to hear it’s working now, @LFC_Communications. Thank you so much for sharing how you solved this, we really appreciate it! 🤗

Hi,

I’m having the same issue as @LFC_Communications 

We’re not in control of the Lead Form as that is being managed by a 3rd party but there are other Lead Forms in the account where we can connect to test data ok but for some reason for the lead form we need to connect to via Zapier we’re getting the “Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined” error.

There are currently 4 submissions for the lead form in Google Ads and the lead form is setup to capture Name & Email (same as the other lead form which does work). 

I am an Administrator in the Google Ads account which rules it out of being permission based.

Any ideas @SamB @Troy Tessalone ?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @agency_8848 

Might be best to create your question as it’s own topic so it gets proper attention.

Make sure to reference this existing topic by linking to it in your post.