Skip to main content

I have successfully set up a ZAP that imports specifically labelled emails into a Notion table. The ‘Message URL’ attribute that Zap pulls in from Gmail does however not link to the email message it’s associated with; it links to an earlier message, typically the first email in a thread. Any tips?

Hi there @ukahhoi,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Hi there ken.a,

I am sharing screenshots of the set up. It looks like that the environment of what I see on your pictures is different to what I see when I set up / edit a Zap.

The issue: the ‘Message URL’ pulled from Gmail does not point to the email specified here but to an earlier email in the same thread. This applies to all imported data sets (emails) from Gmail.

Thanks for the screenshots @ukahhoi!

Have you tried using the “New Thread” trigger for Gmail? I believe the “New Thread” trigger will point you to the correct thread in the email.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Hey @ken.a , I tried but with the same result. Already in the ZAP test step, when I click on the URL that Zap is ‘receiving’ from Gmail, it goes to an earlier message in the thread (the first message) rather than to the selected email. all other data points are correct, including Body copy. Is it a Gmail problem rather a Zap issue?

Hi @ukahhoi,

You may contact Gmail support to verify if that is an issue with the app itself. As you mentioned, everything is working except the first message. Let us know what Google has to say. Looking forward for your response.