Best answer

From email showing weird code when using Gmail to Notion connection

• 9 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I have two questions:

1. The “From Email” field does not work well when I use Gmail to Notion. It does not show the e-mail address, but instead shows a long string code (see image below).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Secondly, the go back a page hotkey in Notion doesn’t work for my keyboard. Does anyone know the workaround for Azerty keyboard?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 16 February 2024, 06:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @svenvanrossen,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, the “Action” section of the Notion action step that shows all of its fields? Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken:

See the action below here:

Greetings

Sven

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the screenshot @svenvanrossen! Could you please try changing the “Content Format” field to “Plain Text”? Like so:

8178050482223cef91de341b108d40b8.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken

I’ve already tried that. Doesn’t make a difference…

Kind regards

Sven

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @svenvanrossen,

Thanks for giving my suggestion a go.

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a known bug with the Notion integration. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

In the meantime, I have found this workaround that might help: 

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Ok Ken. Thanks for the proper follow-up!