Skip to main content
Best answer

Freshdesk Zapier triggers stopped working

• 29 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi, 

I’ve been using Zapier to connect my Freshdesk to other softwares and platforms in my support workflow. However, a few days ago all of my Freshdesk triggers stopped working. I have tried disabling threads just in case that was the reason but seem to have no effect. For what I can gather there’s an open bug but I can’t really find the bug description or thread.

Thank you so much for your help.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jesus.torres 

Good question.

Other users have reported issues with Zaps using Freshdesk triggers recently.

https://community.zapier.com/search?q=freshdesk%20trigger&content_type%5B0%5D=question&source%5B0%5D=community

Best to report to Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

You are not alone! The Zapier support Dept. has just let me know that this is an issue for many users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks! 👋

Thanks for reaching out here @TedKellyBR! 🙂 I did some digging and it appears that @Jesus.torres also reached out to Support but they were added to a different bug report (for updated tickets not triggering) to the one you were added to (new tickets not triggering). The bug report for updated tickets not triggering Zaps has now been linked to this Community thread so that we can keep track of any other folks being affected by this issue. For anyone who comes across this thread and wants to also be added to the list of folks being impacted by that bug please leave a reply here and we’ll be sure to get you added. We can’t make any promises around when the Freshdesk team will be implementing a fix for this by, but we’ll drop you an email as soon as they do!  

And for anyone that wants to be added to the bug report for new tickets not triggering the Zap please reach out on the main thread for it here to be added:

In the meantime, I wanted to share details of a workaround that was referenced on the bug report which will hopefully help to get things up and running:

Workaround:
Add an automation rule on Freshdesk to run when a new ticket is either created or updated. See Freshdesk’s guide on how to set up automation rules for ticket creation and updates here: 

Then set the automation rule to perform an action that sends a webhook PUT request. Then change the Zap to use Webhooks by Zapier (Catch Hook) as the trigger. This will ensure that when the automation rule in Freshdesk runs a webhook is sent to the Zap with the necessary ticket information and triggers the Zap. See our Send webhooks in Zaps guide for details on how to set up the Webhook trigger.

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues in setting up that workaround please do let us know - happy to assist further!

Thank you so much for grouping this in so that Freshdesk can have a full picture of just how many users are affected.

This is more complex for me - as I am not a Freshdesk customer. My vendor uses Freshdesk, and I have a logon with access to the API, but I cannot create new tickets or add tags to the tickets for the workaround. So, for me, the only way to fix this is for Freshdesk to implement the fix.

• Ted
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @TedKellyBR. It’s not a requirement to create tickets or to add a tag, I’ll update the workaround details shared above to try and make that clearer.

To clarify, you can set the automation rule to trigger when a ticket is either added or updated. Then have the automation rule send a webhook to a Zap which will trigger it.  

If you don’t have access to create automation rules within your client’s Freshdesk account, could you pass on the instructions to your client to have them set up the automation? Or alternatively, is it possible to have email notifications sent from Freshdesk whenever a new ticket is created? If so, then those emails could be sent to an Email Parser mailbox where the information would be parsed from it, and a Zap could be triggered. See our Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails guide for details on how Email Parser by Zapier works. Would that be a viable option?

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the info. I would love to bring my vendor into the Zapier community. Until I do, I will continue to use the email workaround. The problem with that is that the emails are formatted in HTML and it is hard to extract some of the ticket data using the text tool. I have a set of 3 of Zaps that run to pull the ticket number from the email subject line, add it to a spreadsheet, poll the spreadsheet for a new row and then cross-reference the number in Freshdesk to get the rest of the info. I made it work, but it triples my zap runs… which I fear will push me in to the next higher bracket for billing. 

Ted

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so glad you’re able to use that email workaround for now @TedKellyBR

To cut down on task usage instead of adding the data to a spreadsheet I’d suggest adding it to a table - as Zapier Tables actions don’t count towards your task usage. Check out our What does not count toward task usage? guide to learn more. 

If you’re interested in giving Zapier Tables a try you can find out how to import the existing data from the spreadsheet into Zapier Tables here: Import data into Zapier Tables

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that or have further questions just let me know!