Best answer

Freshdesk Integration Error: Missing requester email & name

• 6 December 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m trying to do an integration with Freshdesk the relies on the emial address of the Ticket Requester, yet after setting up the zap, it shows “no data” in that field.  In Freshdesk the email is there and confirmed.  This is also happening for other fields such as Requester First Name… 

Any help on this would be appreciated!!!

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 26 December 2023, 07:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bwireless 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots about how each of your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Please see screenshot above… the data is not populated - it shows no data...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bwireless 

All of the mapped variables in the Search Value field have “No Data”.

Try updating a ticket in Freshdesk, then refreshing the trigger examples.

Step 1 > Test > Button: [Find New Records]

Userlevel 1

Ok - I will try and get back to you

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am experiencing the same. It simply cannot be right that Freshservice doesn’t return the e-mail address of the requester.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Updated Ticket trigger isn’t able to return the email address of the sender. However, we do have an existing feature request to return the email address. I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

I am experiencing the same. It simply cannot be right that Freshservice doesn’t return the e-mail address of the requester.

That’s what I though too… I cant believe this...

Userlevel 1

Please let us know if there are any updates….

Userlevel 1
Badge

Please let us know if there are any updates….

bad news i’m afraid. I contacted Freshservice about this and they’re aware that certain fields are not made accessible to Zapier (including requester details)

They said this to me:

• So do you want to fetch the email address of the "created by" user using Freshservice API?

• yes

• Apologies. We do not have an option to get the created by details.

While we currently don’t offer this feature, we are planning on offering something similar to it in the near future. We have had other customers asking about this feature as well. I can’t give you the exact timeline of when it will be ready, but I can tell you that it’s already in the works and we’ll have it released within the next few months.

Here is a community discussion channel - https://community.freshworks.com/ - where you get to talk with the people who build features. You can tap on here so that, as soon as we do have news regarding this feature, You will be apprised. 

Userlevel 1

Guys something must have changed in the previous months, as at the moment I have a zap I created a few months ago (that I haven’t touched since I created it) that is able to retrieve the requester contact details when the trigger is “new ticket is created in freshdesk”...