Best answer

FreshBooks Errors: Failed to create an invoice in FreshBooks and Failed to find or create a customer in FreshBooks.

• 26 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Has anyone connected a Teachable account with FreshBooks. I’m having a lot of trouble. I’ve been receiving error on top of error. I’m unsure what to do at this point. Can anyone help? These are some of the errors I’ve received below. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 6 May 2022, 21:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Hadassah90 

All the errors are totally fix-able, I’d suggest you go over a tutorial on Youtube on how to create zap with freshbook. Teachable uses instant/webhook trigger so after you have done setting up the trigger then you need to make a purchase, and then it will show up in the trigger step.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much @robschmidt you’ve been a great big help. Thank you for suggesting that. I will definitely head over to YouTube.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Hadassah90 just checking in to see if you were able to figure this out and if so, what the issue ended up being caused by! We’d love to share this information back with the rest of the community. 🙂 Let us know!

Userlevel 1

Hey @jesse I had to work with Zapier Email support for this specific issue, I was having technical difficulties that YouTube videos couldn't help me with. The email support staff was able to do a thorough investigation into my zap to see the root of the issue. Finally it was resolved after two weeks of support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! I wanted to pop in and update the topic with the recommended zap steps from the support ticket. 🤗

1. Trigger - New Transaction in Teachable
  2. Action - Find Customer in Freshbooks
  3. Action - Create Invoice in Freshbooks

You can pass the ID field from step 2 in here so that the invoices will created under the right customer when the Zap runs:

For Line Item Name, this is where the product purchased data usually goes. so i might recommend passing the sale - course name data from step 1 there.

I hope some of this helps! 🤗