Skip to main content

I have a Zap that adds +1 to a number in Airtable every time an affiliate refers a lead. It worked fine when I tested it a few weeks ago, but now it’s adding an additional 1 to the number instead of adding +1. 

For example, if an affiliate has referred 3 sales, the number will read 111 instead of 3. Not sure why this is happening. Can anyone provide any insights? I’m losing my mind as my launch starts tomorrow. 

Welcome to the Community, @katescottco🎉

I see you also reached out to our Support team about this and it looks like you may have since switched to use a Formatter action to increment the value by one which appears to have sorted it. Is that correct?

As for why it suddenly stopped working, was it only tested while the value in that Fields Leads field was 0? If so I wonder if it interpreted the value as 01 and ignored the +? In which case it might not actually have ever worked. Do you think that could be the case here or did it previously work for other numbers?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hey @SamB

Yes, I ended up adding a Formatter step and that seems to have fixed the issue. I actually tested it multiple times with values above 1 before and it worked just fine. Always added correctly until this last test. Not sure why it stopped working, but at least I managed to figure out a way to fix it!

Thanks for your response!

Hi @katescottco,

We are glad that you Zap is working as intended now. Thank you Sam for sharing your thoughts on this.