Best answer

Formatting Issue: Adding last module output to Gmail results in unstructured paragraph display

• 11 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I’m creating a ZAP that contains multiple ChatGPT assistant modules.
the first 2 analyse a document, and the third gives a description on the differences between both docs.
In the output of each I have asked to format it in markdown. The layout in the output screens of the modules look ok. The problem arrises when I add the output of the last module as input into GMAIL, from here it is shown as a paragraph without any layout (all flat text after each other).
I’ve also tried to add the text formatter MD to HTML, but that makes no diff.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome!

Cheers

Christophe

icon

Best answer by Shinka 15 January 2024, 23:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Shinka 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots with how your Gmail Zap step is configured.

Gmail email body formats are either:

1. HTML
  2. TEXT
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi the Gmail body format is set to HTML

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shinka 

If the Gmail email body is set to HTML, then it will expect HTML formatting for the contents.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us true context?

Userlevel 1
Badge
last GPT module - DATA OUT → OK
GMAIL DATA IN → OK
OUTPUT IN GMAIL EMAIL BODY

Userlevel 1
Badge

I finally got it working, thanks for the replies!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @Shinka! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

Would you mind sharing the solution you found? This will be helpful to our other awesome Community members who might have the same question in the future. 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

I removed / readded the gmail module, set it to html and it worked.
I believe that the failing module was showing HTML, while it was using plain text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Shinka,

I’m so sorry for the late response here.

I appreciate you sharing the solution here. I have marked your reply as the “Best Answer” so that our Community members who might run into the similar issue will find the answer easily.

Thank you!