Skip to main content

Hi all, 

I am setting up 2 automations that update files in Google Drive from attachments in daily reports that are emailed to me. I am running into the same issue in both setups, which is strange because I have successfully done this before so I am hopeful this community can help! 

in the ‘Replace File’ action, I am unable to search the Drive to find the doc to replace. I have attached a picture below. Any insight would be helpful - thanks!

Hi @MT1990 

For us to have more context, post these screenshots:

• How your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode
  • Any encountered errors from testing the Zap steps

Hi @Troy Tessalone - attached are screenshots of the event, action and test of the trigger which was successful. The last picture is a screen shot of the event setting up the action to replace file. 

@MT1990 

You should update to the newer version of the Gmail Zap app integration.

Screenshots did not show how the GDrive Zap action step is configured for the ‘Action’ tab section.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone! I updated the Gmail Zap app integration. Here are some updated screen shots. The second pictures shows that I am unable to drill down into the folder where the doc is located, it’s just staying with the topmost folder. The third shows that no docs are loading. 

@MT1990 

In Zap step 2, the File to Replace field expects a value that is the GDrive Folder ID.

That can be mapped from a previous Zap step or set as a static value by using the ‘Custom’ tab.

In Zap step 2, the File to Replace field expects a value that is the GDrive File ID.

That can be mapped from a previous Zap step or set as a static value by using the ‘Custom’ tab.

@Troy Tessalone thank you for being so persistent here. Harlem Lacrosse is the name of the top folder, but I am looking to drill down 4 folders to where the doc I need to replace is. I am unable to move past the top folder. Would this be because I am not the owner of the folder because I can drill down in other folders?

@MT1990 

Help links for using GDrive in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-drive/help

Also, you can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap.

The connected account must be the owner.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone!

That’s awesome @MT1990! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗