Best answer

First/Last Name missing in test data

• 12 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone

So, I have a zap that should connect sender.net, manychat, and zapier.

When I run a test zap, the data only captures the email address but not the first or last name. 

Is anyone else having this issue with the test run? 

It should be sending the data from manychat to sender.net when new subscriber gets added to manychat. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 19 July 2022, 21:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @frescozaps! Thanks for stopping by - sorry to hear you’re running into this! We definitely want to help.

It sounds like you maybe using the “New Subscriber” trigger in ManyChat. Do you mind clarifying what action is taking place once the New Subscriber is sent to Sender

It might also be worth double checking the sample data from ManyChat included a first/last name! If it didn’t, I’d recommend making sure there’s a sample with this information and retesting the step. Feel free to send over screenshots of this action setup as well! 🙂 That may help us troubleshoot a bit more with you.

Thanks again and looking forward to digging into this!

Hi Christina:

Thank you for your support. Much appreciated.

”It might also be worth double checking the sample data from ManyChat included a first/last name! If it didn’t, I’d recommend making sure there’s a sample with this information and retesting the step. “

Can you provide steps on how to do this? I have a feeling that this maybe the issue. 

I will do a complete screenshot of the entire steps as soon as possible. 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @frescozaps just stepping in for Christina here and sure thing! This is how you can refresh what is coming across in your sample data when testing your Zap step: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Give that a try and let us know how things go!

HI.

I’ve tried to update the trigger but still the same issue. 

Plese see attached for details of how the zap goes. 

When the zap sends data from manychat to sender.net, the first and last name still don’t populate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for confirming the steps you took, @frescozaps!

I took a quick peek and it looks like you were able to reach out to my friends in support, which is perfect. They confirmed you’re running into a bug with the Sender app. 😔 They’ve got you added as an impacted user and we’ll keep you in the loop via email once a fix is in place. We’ll also keep this topic updated on our end. 

Thanks for flagging this! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @frescozaps we can help you fixing this out.
I sent you a PM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

They confirmed you’re running into a bug with the Sender app. 😔 They’ve got you added as an impacted user and we’ll keep you in the loop via email once a fix is in place.

Hey there! I wanted to post an update here that a fix for this is now in place! The “Add / Update a Subscriber” action in Sender now includes First Name and Last Name. 🎉

If you’re still running into this issue, feel free to open a ticket with our friends in support!