Question

Find & Update task in Clickup

• 6 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I am creating a zapier to reflect my HubSpot data in ClickUp. I want Zapier to help me update data in ClickUp from deal stage updates in HubSpot. 

Updated deal stage in HubSpot → Find task by custom fields in Clickup → Update Task

The problem is that step 3 isn’t working, despite steps 1 and 2 working. I have used zapier many times but am completely stumped on this zapier. Please see relevant screenshots from steps 2 & 3 below. Any and all advice would be GREATLY appreciated. 

These screenshots are from the same zapier. It seems like it’s not registering the find step. 

Here are the additional custom fields filled out that I would like to have updated. 

Thanks. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Seb6161!

Hmm, let’s see if we can figure this out. 

In the last screenshot, are those the fields that you see in the Update task action when you select a click up task using the dropdown box? And those fields aren’t visible when you use a task ID as a custom value in the task field - have I understood that right? If that is the case, could you let us know as that shouldn’t be happening - the Zap editor should be able load the fields for an item when you use a custom value. 

In the meantime, you could try the workaround described in this article: 

It talks about Google Sheets rather than ClickUp but the same principles apply. 

If I’ve misunderstood and am completely on the wrong track please let me know and we can take another look!