Question

Failed to update an organization field value in Affinity from Typeform

• 3 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi – I hope you are doing well,

I’m Clément from RAISE Ventures (French VC). I’m trying to automatically add typeform responses to a list in Affinity. I can successfully pull the data from Typeform to create the entity in Affinity, fill in the mandatory global Affinity fields and add it to the desired list but when I try to update the fields in that list in the next step I keep getting an error.

The fields I’m trying to update are : - Description (Global Affinity Field) - Vertical (Global Affinity Field) - Date of Creation (Global Affinity Field) - & etc

Is it because it’s a Global Field ? If so, how can I force Zappier to update a Global Field ? (we are gathering data from many sources, not only Typeform. Hence, it would be impossible for us to change our fields).

Do you have an idea of what could be wrong ?

Have a nice day,

Clément Hecquet

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @RAISE,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I'm not super familiar with Affinity, but from our notes, it looks like Crunchbase fields are automated fields with specific values that can be set. If the value isn't on the list already, then you'll get this error. Is it possible for you to add all the possible values to these fields in your Affinity account? 

If that change doesn't help, I did find a recent post from Affinity that indicates Crunchbase fields may no longer be accessible via their API: 
https://support.affinity.co/hc/en-us/articles/360056416692-Crunchbase-data-in-Affinity

Hopefully, this helps! 😊