Question

Failed to find or create a search contact in Salesmate: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined.

• 9 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi!

How can I create a Zap where it connects Apollo.io and Salesmate by updating contacts in Salesmate when a contact is updated in Apollo? I’ve tried though the following steps:

1. Trigger: “Contact updated in Apollo”
  2. Action: “Search or Create a Contact in Salesmate”
  3. Action: “Update Contact in Salesmate”

The one I’m having issues while testing is the 2nd action; “Search or Create a Contact in Salesmate”.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TY-CRM, welcome to the Community! 👋

That error seems to be indicating that there’s an issue with the type of contact that’s been selected. Did you select a type from a list of available options, or did you enter a custom value for the type? 

If it was a custom value that was selected it may be different from what Salesmate was expecting. Usually that sort of thing will happen when a name for an option is selected rather than it’s ID number. See Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps for more details. 

Do you think that could be the case here? If not, would you mind sharing a quick screenshot showing what fields and options have been selected in the set up of the Search or Create a Contact action? Please remove/hide any private information like names, emails, phone numbers etc from any screenshots shared in Community.

Looking forward to hearing from you!