Question

Failed to find or create a collection item in Filevine | Error from halted execution: Collection item not found

• 30 January 2024
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to search for a specific collection item in Filevine and if it’s not found then create that collection item, but am getting an error that says “Collection item not found.” I’m unsure of why I’d be getting this error when I’m telling it to create one if nothing is found. I have screenshots of what I have and the error I’m receiving. I’ve also tested it with a project that already has a collection item and it successfully finds the collection item. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve tried clicking “Remove these extra fields” and leaving the extra fields in
This is the collection item I’m trying to create

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gford 

Try removing the extra fields.

@Troy Tessalone

Hi, Troy,

I’ve tried both, removing the fields and keeping them, with the same error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gford 

You may want to try opening a ticket with Zapier Support for further help troubleshooting a possible bug: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

If that doesn’t work, then here’s a possible workaround.

Find Collection Item (uncheck the checkbox to create if not found AND set to continue if not found).

Then use Paths: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

NOTE: Paths require a Zapier Pro+ plan.

One path for Found = TRUE.

One Path for Found = FALSE.

@Troy Tessalone 
Unfortunately, I’ve tried telling it to act as a success when it doesn’t find anything with “Create … if it doesn’t exist, yet” unchecked with the same error occuring. I’ve found a work around using a couple of webhooks and a code action, but that adds a few extra tasks versus the one. I’ll reach out to Zapier support. Maybe they’ll be able to see the specific error and more details on their end.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gford 

Yeah somethings things can be buggy and require advanced approaches using app APIs.