Best answer

Failed to find a task in ClickUp: The app returned "custom fields must be a JSON parsable string"

• 5 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am trying to find a ClickUp task using the “Find Task by Custom Field”. The input is from a Jotform field. When I run the test I get this error: 
Failed to find a task in ClickUp
The app returned "custom fields must be a json parsable string".

Essentially it is this:

There is a ClickUp task that has a text field with “0005” in it. A Jotform submission is created and has a field with the same text entry of “0005”. I am trying to find the ClickUp task by the Jotform field.

Can someone advise what I am doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by cpzap 6 April 2023, 03:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @cpzap 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

We need more context to know the setup of your Zap. Please send screenshots of the Zap setup. (Kindly blur any personal information that the screenshots may have)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @cpzap!

Can you see whether there are any extra space or line breaks in the data that you’re sending to ClickUp?

One way to check is by literally typing the text in, rather than mapping a Zapier field from a prior step. If that works but the field data does not, then there must some extra characters coming from the JotForm field.

Can you give that a shot?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you, Nick! I tried typing in the text I am searching rather than the Jotform input and got the same result. I did a little google search and thought I may need to put quotes around the text but I got this error message: Failed to find a task in ClickUp. Error from halted execution: Nothing could be found for the search.

To Brem’s point I have attached a screenshot of how I have the Zap set up. Hopefully, one of you will be able to assist.

FYI I am searching text and the custom field I am trying to search against is a text column.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I think I actually figured it out. The text I was looking for started with “000”, but when I changed it to start with alphabetic letters such as “ABC” the step worked fine.

Thank you both for your responses. I really appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @cpzap,

Awesome! Glad to know you were able to get it sorted.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊