Question

Failed to find a person in Pipedrive: The app did not respond in-time. It may or may not have completed successfully.

Zapier Team,

Zapier-pipedrive integration is failing with “Find Person” and there is no fix for more than 2 months now.
Does anyone have an answer?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community, @Borzo! 🎉

When you say the Find Person action is failing, is it that it’s failing to find the correct person and shows an error?

If so, would you mind sharing a quick screenshot of the error you’re seeing in the Zap History so that we can take a closer look? Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshot before sharing here (like names, email addresses etc.).

If that’s not what’s happening, is it that the Find Person action marked as successful in the Zap History, but sometimes returns no details for the person? Asking as I found a bug reported where that was happening, but I’m not 100% sure if that’s the same issue you’re running into here. Let me know if it is and I’ll get your details added to the bug report right away!

We can’t look into your Zaps or account here so any further details or screenshots you can share to help explain what’s going wrong with the Find Person action would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this! 🙂

It seems that this bug is for 2 months now and the support team cant give an ETA on a fix.
All I hear from support is that the engineers are working and it will be fixed as it comes to priority.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Borzo,

I did some digging into this, and it appears that our engineers are still investigating this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this bug and the delay in getting it fixed. Please know that our dedicated engineers are actively working on resolving it.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem, but it appears only to happen when I use data from f.e. Typeform.

Zapier can not find the person in Pipedrive when f.e. “Tony Stark” was a new entry in Typeform, but it can find “Tony Stark”, if you just type in the name in the field to search by. But obviously, that’s not the way to use it. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Emmanuellouf,

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the Pipedrive step that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a ,

Here you can find the screenshots of the zap where the search is “False”, while the exact same name is already created in Pipe by a previous zap.

Here you can see the screenshots of Pipedrive where you can see it created a new Person. And the weird thing about it is: it actually did update the person created in a previous step, but also made a new contact with only the name and no further details.

This is the first one created:

This should update the person (and it does, but it also creates this new person):

It is a very annoying problem, because a lot of double contacts are created.

Thanks for looking into this problem.

Userlevel 1

@ken.a nevermind, I’ve found a solution. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Emmanuellouf! Would you mind sharing the solution here? It could help other members of our community who may run into the same issue in the future.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

@ken.a Well, it was my own mistake. To update the person in the deal, I used “the name” of the person instead of “the ID” of the person. That way it created a new person.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you for sharing on how you tackled the issue here @Emmanuellouf! I really appreciate it!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗