Best answer

“Failed to create an upload file in Google Drive The app returned "Forbidden"

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello! 

I’m just diving into Zapier so please bare with me. I read this support page and tried to replicate this zap - 

But I keep running into an error at the end that just says “Failed to create an upload file in Google Drive
The app returned "Forbidden". I made a Loom Video I made to walk through my Zap so hopefully that’s helpful. 

Ultimately I’m trying to upload the CSV file from the URL that the formatter is grabbing. Once I have the file uploaded to Google Drive I’d like to use another zap to upload the file to my Mailchimp account so I can automate updating my customer data (I own and operate several restaurants and order data is very valuable for marketing). 

I hope this is all clear and that someone call help me out!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 November 2023, 22:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Pizzaman420 

Good question.

The GSheet column header is “Links”. (plural)

Can there be multiple links in 1 cell?

If there is only 1 link in a row cell, then you won’t need the Formatter as Step 2.

The GDrive field expects a file url that is a public direct download link.

You can test this by copy/paste into a browser to see if it initiates a file download immediately.

If not, then the link can’t be used.

Help article about sending files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone - thank you for your reply. When I click the link it immediately initiates a download to the download folder on my computer… I guess actually it downloads to the download folder on my chrome browser… 

Let me try removing the formatter step and see if that changes anything.

thank you,

Marc

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Pizzaman420 

Make sure to check the link in a new/different private browser to make sure there are no existing sessions for related apps.

Userlevel 1

ahhh @Troy Tessalone this is why you’re an expert! yes there was an existing session which required a log in