Question

Failed to create an updated subscriber in Klaviyo: The requested resource does not exist

• 8 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I am sending out emails to existing potential leads with the aim of setting up Calendly appointments for a trial project.  I want to add a custom property to these Klaviyo profiles when they set up a Calendly appointment.

I have set up Zapier Klaviyo integration already.  I have set up the Zap but at the last stage I am getting an error message as below.

Failed to create an updated subscriber in Klaviyo

The requested resource does not exist

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am using the update subscriber in Klaviyo action. I think the issue is I do not know what to put in the field called 

‘Subscriber required’.  

Underneath this I have a statement saying no options available. 

My assumption is that I need to add a custom property at the bottom but it is the identifier section at the top I am struggling with.  Any help appreciated!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hidrawear 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help us have more context, thanks.

Topline flow is here:

The place I think I am having the error is here:
Custom property I am adding is here

Error I am getting is here

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hidrawear 

For Klaviyo, the Subscriber field expects the internal Klaviyo Subscriber ID.

You will need to add another step before to first find/create the Subscriber in Klaviyo.

Thanks I set up this step and assumed this would mean that I would then add the klaviyo identifier as per below, after this just adding the appropriate custom property.   However I continue to get the same error message? 

error message as below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hidrawear 

The expected value is the internal Klaviyo Subscriber ID, not an email address.