Best answer

Failed to create an update in Buffer: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'ext')

Failed to create an update in Buffer

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'ext')

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 25 July 2023, 19:29

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Steady Estates 

Good question.

The Video field expects a file object or a file url that is public and a direct download link.

The video is public on YouTube. This way worked for other platforms but just wont work with tiktok

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steady Estates 

It needs to be a direct download link of the video file from YouTube, rather than a link to the page that has the YouTube video embedded.

You can test this by copying and pasting the link into a browser.

If the video doesn’t immediately begin to download, then it’s not the right link.

Right but if i pick a video itll always choose that one video. I need it to take it directly from youtube.

Here are all the options i have

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steady Estates 

The attachments did not load.

Hopefully this works

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steady Estates 

Here’s why the mapped dynamic variable for Youtube.com URL won’t work.

For example, if you go to this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N5hCeoz6i0

It’s just a link to a web page on YouTube, where the video is embedded along with other elements.

The Buffer Video field expects a file object or a file url (direct download link that is publicly accessible)

NOTE: YouTube videos can be large in size and may be too large to be processed by the Zap action.

Gotcha, When i put the URL into the search bar, itll bring the video right up in youtube and starts playing though. So in other words this automation doesnt work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steady Estates 

It would need to be a link to only the video file.

You’d have to use some other app or utility to download the YouTube video or create a direct download link of the video file form YouTube.

For example, if you go to this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N5hCeoz6i0

It’s just a link to a web page on YouTube, where the video is embedded along with other elements.

If i was to do that then the video would be separated from YouTube and i want to lead people back to YouTube. 

I just want to get a YouTube video to automatically post to Tiktok

What integration can i use in order to do this automation then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steady Estates 

Perhaps try using a different field in the Buffer action to include the link to the YouTube video.

The video is required no matter what. All the photos have been from the Buffer so far. There really isn’t much options

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steady Estates 

To recap, the Buffer Video field is required and expects a file object or a file url that points to a publicly accessible direct download link to a file.

The Youtube.com URL variable cannot be used as the link for the Buffer Video field since that is a link to a webpage not to a file.

I understand but these are the options i get. None of them work. i get error every time

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steady Estates 

Put simply, you can’t configure the Zap steps as you are trying to do, due to the limitations of the data points returned from YouTube and the required field requirements for Buffer.

Thank you. Is there another app i could use like buffer in order to get this done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steady Estates 

You can search other Zap apps here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/social-marketing

You will have to research and test to determine if the app can support the workflow you are trying to configure.