Question

Failed to create an invoice in Quickbooks when reservation is made on hostaway showing error customer field is missing

Failed to create an invoice in Quickbooks when reservation is made on hostaway showing error customer field is missing. I just simply want to get name of the guest with total amount and breakdown of the total amount to be created as an invoice in Quickbooks whenever new reservation is created or updated on hostaway.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @OMER 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Just to ensure I understand, could you elaborate more on the issue? I want to ensure we're on the same page so I can point you in the right direction.

Could you kindly send screenshots of the error and how you have set up the Zap so far?

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response! 

@Charie here you go 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @OMER,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I took a look at the screenshot you provided, and it appears that the problem is with the "Customer" field in the "Create Invoice" step. This field is designed to accept the Customer ID as input. So, my suggestion would be to add a "Find Customer in QuickBooks Online" step in your Zap, which will allow you to search for the customer using their name or email address and return their ID.

Once you've added the "Find Customer" step, you can then map the Customer ID to the "Customer" field in the "Create Invoice" step. This should ensure that the correct customer is associated with the new invoice.

I hope this clears things up! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help with.