Best answer

Failed to create an idea in Ideanote (1.2.0): Unexpected token '}'

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I’m working on integrating an existing google form with Ideanote so that the responses submitted can be collected in ideanote. I was able to set up the connection but in the action phase, I’m facing an error. It says “

Failed to create an idea in Ideanote (1.2.0)

Unexpected token '}'” 

I will include the snaps of the procedure. Kindly, help me figure out the issue. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 8 June 2023, 07:48

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lavaniya 

Good question.

Try using the newest version of the Ideanote Zap app.

The (1.2.0) next to an app name means there is a newer version of the Zap app available.

You can connect Ideanote to Zapier again here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply. I tried it with the newer version, it still throws me an error. Kindly, let me know what should be done to rectify the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lavaniya 

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured.

The error mentions a URL but the value is not a URL.

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Sure, pfa the screenshots of the entire zap integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Lavaniya,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I looked at the screenshot, and it seems like the issue here is on the “Attachment” field in the “Create Idea in Ideanote” action step. The “Attachment” field looks for the public direct download URL.

Could you please try removing those mapped data on the “Attachment” field and map the download URL?

Additionally, I assume you want to send the responses made from Google Form to Ideanote. Is that correct? I recommend creating some custom fields on Ideanote. Once you do this, reconnect you Ideanote account here, and they should show up in the Zap and you'll be able to map your Google Form responses to them.

Also, Ideanote has a super helpful guide on how to create an idea template, which includes setting up custom fields. You can check it out right here: Ideanote Guide.

Please give that a try, and keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a, thank you for your reply.

How to map the download URL? I quite did not get that part.

Yes, want to send the responses made from Google Form to Ideanote. In case of creating custom fields, should I change event part in “App & event” from “create idea” to “update idea”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lavaniya,

Regarding the URL part, if the trigger gives you a public download URL, you might want to map it to the "Attachment" field. However, since you're using Google Forms, it seems like it doesn't provide a download URL. Is there a possibility for you to adjust the settings of the "Attachment" field on Ideanote so that it's not a required field?

Also, if you want to send the responses from Google Form to Ideanote, I believe using the "Create Idea" event would be the right choice in this case.

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thank you for your reply @ken.a . I created an idea template within idea note and added form fields similar to my google form. In zapier, I selected “create idea” option and action section had the idea template I created with the form fields I added. I mapped the form responses to the fields. 

By testing this out, it still throws an error but the fields I filled out manually are being reflected in the idea note. Now, if I fill the google form, the responses are not automated to ideanote. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lavaniya,

It seems like the Zap is still encountering an error related to the download URL. Can you kindly double-check if the URL you mapped is a direct public download URL? Also, would it be feasible for you to try removing that field completely or leaving that field empty and see if it resolves the issue? More about sending files in Zaps here:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453-Send-files-in-Zaps

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Are you mentioning about the attachments URL that is being submitted in the google forms (Like google drive URL)?

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a , just a new update from my side. The test data was sent successfully to Ideanote.

But, the actual issue is the main aim of this integration where I want the responses submitted in google forms to be automatically uploaded into ideanote. Once, this test data was sent successfully, I submitted my google forms with a test data to check if the automation is working smoothly. But, the data was not uploaded and I received a mail stating an error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Lavaniya,

Hope you don’t mind me hopping in for the wonderful @ken.a here! 🙂

That new error seems to be the same as the previous one you were getting. Could it be that the changes you made to the draft of the Zap weren’t published

If that’s the case here, can you try publishing that draft of the Zap and then try submit the Google Form to trigger the Zap to see whether it works without error?

If that’s not the case here let me know and we’ll go from there!

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone @ken.a @SamB Thank you so much for the help. The automation is working just fine according to my needs. I will definitely contact you if I face any issue with the same in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! That’s wonderful news @Lavaniya! 😁🎉

So pleased the Zap is working correctly now, great work! 🙌