Question

Failed to create an email in Microsoft Outlook Unable to send an email: Resource could not be discovered.

• 30 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I try to set up a Zap between Tally and Outlook, but receive this error: 

Failed to create an email in Microsoft Outlook

Unable to send an email: Resource could not be discovered.

Have some of you experienced this before? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Ida Mortensen,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the Microsoft Outlook step that shows all the fields. Here’s an example screenshot of what I’m after:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Hi ken, 

It looks like this: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ida Mortensen 

Good question.

Some GSearch results: https://www.google.com/search?q=outlook+error+resource+could+not+be+discovered

Generally this error - "Resource could not be discovered" - occurs when users are not assigned with license or the mailbox is not configured for them.

The error “Resource could not be discovered” comes from the API calls on Office 365 and indicates that the user's mailbox isn't found. Typically, this means they do not have an Exchange Online mailbox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

+1 to what Troy said @Ida Mortensen.

If you're not currently using an Exchange Online mailbox, you might want to explore the variety of Email apps available in our app directory. You can find them right here: Email Apps.

Also, our SMTP by Zapier app could be a handy tool for you. Here's a helpful guide on how to use it: SMTP by Zapier.

Now, if you're using Exchange services, I noticed something that might be causing the issue. It seems like the "From Email" and "To Email" fields might contain invalid email addresses.

18baba9bbebd5a4b0e8553b148c46c3a.png
(view larger)

These fields require valid email addresses to function properly. So, updating those fields with correct email addresses might just solve the problem.

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊