Best answer

Failed to create an add attendee/s to event in Google Calendar: The app returned "Not Found"

• 11 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello! I’ve searched the forum, but can’t seem to find the answer or to get my trigger to work.

Once someone schedules an appointment in Calendly, Calendly will automatically send me an invitation to my gmail account. I would like to add a zap so that once someone schedules a Calendly invite, the zap will automatically invite my team members. I currently have this setup (or so I thought) and the zaps said successful, but we would never receive the invitations. From research in the forum, I can tell it’s because I need to use a custom eventid (the one that was listed was from an old appointment). However, I’ve tried the event options with “ID” and keep getting an error message. Please help! 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 May 2023, 06:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TFPAdmin,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like the issue here is the mapped data on the “Event” field. The “Event” field looks for the Event ID from Google Calendar. Could you please try clicking on the “Or add search step” button and map the Event ID from the search step to the “Event” field?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a ! Thank you for your response. I’m still getting an error message. I clicked the “or add search step” button and mapped the event id. I’m sure I’m doing it wrong. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@TFPAdmin Happy Friday! 

I believe this may be the source of your troubles:

Can you try flipping that to ‘yes’ and let me know how it goes? If there is no data to pull for your test sample, and this step is set to ‘no’ then you may receive the error message that populated on your Zap. 

Userlevel 1

@chanelle Happy Friday to you as well! When I flipped yes, it worked. However, now, the 3rd step is still showing an error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh dear, okay let’s see if we can troubleshoot this one. Can you please provide screenshots of the third step so I can take a look at that one as well? (I may have missed it above but double-checked. Let me know if you’ve done so already). 

Userlevel 1

Hi @chanelle! Here are the screenshots for step 3. Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TFPAdmin,

Thanks for the screenshots!

I noticed a couple of issues with your setup. For the "Find Event" step, I suggest broadening the data in the "Search Term" field. You can use the name of the event in Calendly, specifically the "EventType Name," and map it to the "Search Term" field.

Furthermore, I recommend changing the setting for "Should this step be considered a 'success' when nothing is found?" back to "No."

In the "Add Attendee/s to Event" step, make sure the "Event" field is mapped correctly with the Event ID from the "Find Event" step. The Event ID should follow this format:

6b3327a3b6dbb8e6ee12568403f79da4.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @TFPAdmin,

You are most welcome!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗