Question

Failed to create a task in TickTick. The app returned ‘5yhrnlg6@ck-build’

• 24 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello there,

I’ve successfully created a zap that adds tasks to my TickTick when they’re created in ClickUp.  I’m now trying to create a zap that marks tasks complete in TickTick when their status changes in ClickUp. 

When testing the action, Zapier attempts to create a new task to test the action on, but I get a “Failed to create a task in TickTick. The app returned ‘5yhrnlg6@ck-build’.” 

Another post on here alludes to a similar problem with Notion and the solution was to add an additional step to find the Task ID. I attempted to do that by having ClickUp find the Task by ID, using the Task Name as the ID, but get a “Failed to find task in ClickUp, The app returned ‘Team not authorized’”  error message. 

Not sure what next steps should be, but any advice would be so appreciated! Thank you! 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ribby 

Good question.

For us to have proper context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error, thanks.

You’ll need the TickTick Task ID to use this Zap action: TickTick - Compete Task

However there is no TickTick Zap action to find/search Task to get the Task ID.

So what you’ll need to do is add another step in your other Zap to save the generate TickTick Task ID back into a custom field in ClickUp for reference in this new Zap.

Thanks for your response. That makes sense. 

How do I add the step to save the TickTick ID back to ClickUp? 

Here are some screenshots of the original Zap setup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ribby 

In the original Zap, you would add this action: ClickUp - Update Task