Skip to main content
Best answer

Failed to create a note in Productboard: The app returned "is invalid".

• 22 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello

I have a Zap setup so that when new feedback in posted in Slack, it is captured in Google Sheets and then a Zap will convert that into a Productboard note.

This has been working seamlessly for months (perhaps a year) when all of a sudden it is failing. 

The error is so generic but is definitely on the Productboard side as I have tested every step of the workflow.

Error returned is...

Failed to create a note in Productboard

The app returned "is invalid".

The data in is…

State: 0

Content: othe note content]

Who knows what invalid means - I have tried Googling this for days but unfortunately, I don’t have much time to dedicate to fixing this. 

The Zap AI seems to think that state 0 might not be correct but any Googling of this has return no results. 

Anyone encountered this before? Im positive Productboard changed their API and now its breaking, I can’t think of any other reason as this Zap hasn’t been modified in months.

Super appreciate any help here. 😰

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lianne 

For us to have more context, post screenshots of these:

• The encountered error
  • How the Zap step is configured in EDIT mode
Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for the reply.

I took a screen capture of the action and the test failing - hopefully this gives more info. To note, I used test content so that our client details weren’t shared.

Content

The error

The Zap AI debugger

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lianne 

Productboard Status page does not show any recent incidents: https://status.productboard.com/

If you are testing the Zap step in EDIT mode, the mapped variable value for the email field is not a valid email address.

Userlevel 1

Ahhh aren’t you a star @Troy Tessalone thank you so much! I see that the email in the real client data also had other un-email like characters in it!

It’s fixed now, thank you so much!