Best answer

Failed to create a group contact in Google Contacts: Resource name is not a valid contact person resource.

• 24 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to make a bot which will look at a new input in google sheets and create a new contact. It will also label or in its terms it would add the contact to an existing group. It always shows an error when I try it. It shows that the contact wasn’t able to be found. I tried the id, name etc and also looked at this https://community.zapier.com/how-do-i-3/we-had-trouble-sending-your-test-through-1146 but it didnt help. Please help!! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 August 2022, 21:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Can you provide a screenshot of the test steps and error message?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bot Testing 

Good question.

There is a different data point that should be used for the Contact that doesn’t have a timestamp appended to the end.

Search the available variables for “people/”

Userlevel 1

Hey @Troy Tessalone I still understand what you mean. I tried this but it didn't work! Can you please elaborate or show an example !    

Both ways i tried it had an error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Bot Testing 

Example

Use the variable WITHOUT the appended timestamp.

Userlevel 1

This worked for me. You should be looking for the data point called ‘Original ID’ versus the one called ‘ID‘ that you chose

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone @jago88  THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH IT WORKED AND IT WAS SUCCESSFUL!!