Question

Failed to create a data in AI by Zapier: Error from halted execution

I’m trying to create a Zap using the AI by Zapier action, but it’s failing at the Test step as in the screenshot below. Can’t seem to find any other post with a similar error. Has anyone else encountered this error, and how do you fix it?

Thanks.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Tinkertanker 

Good question.

Can you share more screenshots with how your Zap action step is configured to give us more context?

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

So I’ve set up the Zap action step from a Slack message. Here’s a screenshot of the setup:

For the Action step, I would like AI by Zapier to parse the message and extract structured information. Here’s an example of one of the training examples provided:

I’ve filled up all 5 examples.

Clicking on the Test action, I briefly see the following screenshot before the error message appears.

And that  is where I am stuck now :) Appreciate any insights into this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Tinkertanker

As an alternative you may want to use a different AI app:

Also, a Code step can be used for parsing structured data.

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace

Did you resolve this @Tinkertanker or @Troy Tessalone ?

Same issue here, only surfaced with the deprecated “Zapier by AI” update. Auth is fine, connection is fine, but won’t actually execute anymore. I’ve copied the Zap and reconnected things accordingly, same problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MPal 

Check the Zap step “App & Event” section to see if it needs to be upgraded.

Make sure to use the most recent version of Zap apps.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone “App & Event” are good to go. I have changed this a few times with no luck, deleted the underlying and reconnected, also resulted in same error. 

I wonder if I should just not copy any previous version and re-build it from scratch?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MPal 

You can try that.

These are newer actions so there may be bugs/issues.

You can submit a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

We’re having the same problem.  It works otherwise (like when asking a general text question), it seems to be only the parse options that aren’t working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MMACK,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the Zap.

After looking into the error, it seems there aren't any similar issue and error regarding this one. I would suggest getting in touch with our Support team who can dive deeper into the logs and help identify the root cause of the problem.

You can reach out to our Support team at this link: Zapier Support

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Just to close this discussion. I’ve gone away from that Zap for a while. Came back to try it today, and it now just works! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Tinkertanker@MPal@MMACK 

Now, I’d recommend using this Zap action: ChatGPT - Extract Structured Data

@Tinkertanker@MPal@MMACK 

Now, I’d recommend using this Zap action: ChatGPT - Extract Structured Data

@Troy Tessalone getting a similar message in this, any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@repevolv 

Probably best to submit your own topic with detailed screenshots showing how your Zap steps are configured so it gets proper attention.