Question

Facebook to ChatGPT “You can only send an automated message to the user … within 24 hours of them having sent a message to your page.” error

• 5 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a challenge while attempting to connect my Facebook page with ChatGPT to automate replies. I've come across an error message that I'm struggling to resolve. The error states:

"Failed to create a send message from page in Facebook Messenger. You can only send an automated message to the user with a PSID of '805049869xxxx' within 24 hours of them having sent a message to your page."

As per the error message, I understand that I can only send automated messages to users who have messaged my page within the last 24 hours. However, when I try to send a message to the page, it fails to load or acknowledge this requirement. Consequently, I am unable to proceed with setting up the desired automated messaging functionality.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has experience with automating replies on Facebook Messenger, I would greatly appreciate your guidance or insights. If you have successfully resolved this loading issue or know of any potential workarounds, kindly share your knowledge.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @icanacademy, thanks for joining our community!

Yes that’s correct, you can only message someone with the Zap if they messaged you first, within the past 24 hours. I’ve done some checking and I’m not seeing any bug reports for this behaviour at present so maybe this is only an issue that occurs in when testing with the Zap Editor. 

Can you try skipping the test on the Facebook Messenger action and turn the Zap on? Then head to the Facebook page and use the Message Now button to send a message and let us know if the Zap runs as expected without that error. I’m thinking that might allow you to get past that error when testing and allow the Zap to run correctly when it’s switched on. 🤞

Looking forward to hearing how that goes! 🙂

Hello,

I have tried what you suggested and it’s still not working. I’m trying to connect messenger with ChatGPT. When I replicate the steps, but connecting Slack to GPT rather than Messenger, it works. 

Any help would be really appreciated.

ThanksA

Arnina

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that @Arnina.

Can you please send over a quick screenshot showing the settings and fields that have been selected for the Facebook Messenger action? Please remember to remove or hide any private information from it first (like names, email addresses etc.)

That will allow us to double-check whether there’s anything in the set up that could be causing that error. I’m thinking that it could be an issue with what’s been selected for the Recipient Id field. Do you think that could be the case here?

I am getting the same error

I just started working with Zapier and tried to connect my facebook page to chatgpt

I am getting same error
You can only send an automated message to the user with a PSID of '1221019xxxxxxxxx' within 24 hours of them having sent a message to your page

is there any resolution?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @shayhk! 👋

Looking at that screenshot it looks like a PSID value hasn’t been selected, instead the ID for the page was selected. In the Recipient ID field, can you select the Sender Psid field from the Zap’s trigger instead to see if that gets rid of the error?

@icanacademy and @Arnina - can you confirm whether you’ve got the Sender Psid field selected in the Recipient ID field? If not, can you select it, then test the Zap again to see if that get’s it working?

Keen to ensure everyone’s Zaps are up and running here so please do keep us in the loop on how it goes!