Skip to main content
Best answer

Facebook Pages error: Unable to fetch video file fro URL

• 10 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Can someone help me with this?

New video by search Youtube > Facebook Page Video

FACEBOOK NOTIFICATION: (Couldn’t Upload Your Video)

ZAPIER HISTORY:

ERROR MESSAGE SENT IN MY EMAIL:

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @AutomationBEST! 😁

I can see that you also reached out to our Support team about this and they identified that the cause of the errors was that YouTube doesn’t provide the video file object or a link to the file itself. It only provides a link to view the video and as that link was mapped to the File field in the Facebook Pages action that expects to receive either a video file or publicly-accessible file link it caused an error.

There’s a feature request to have the YouTube app provide the video object which the Support team have added your vote to which will help to increase it’s priority. We can’t give any sort of ETA on when that might be implemented by but we’ll definitely notify you via email once it is.

In the meantime perhaps you could try switching to the Create Page Post action and include the link to the YouTube video in the post message? It wouldn’t create a video post but I’d have thought that it would at least load a preview image for the video or potentially embed a playable version of the video within the message.

Can you give that a try and let me know if that works as hoped?

Yeah sure the Facebook Page post works but I'll guess I'll just wait for the features of YouTube video file

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for confirming that @AutomationBEST! I’m so pleased to that using the Create Page Post worked as hoped. We’ll be in touch as soon as we have any updates on the status of that feature request.

If there’s anything else we can assist with please do let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! 🙂⚡