Best answer

Facebook page not showing as option when creating Zap

I’m trying to have new blog posts automatically post to my business Facebook page using the pre-designed Zap. I have my Facebook connected in the Apps and it’s showing my two different business pages as both being connected as well, but when I go to create the Zap, only one of the two business pages shows up as an option for posting (and it’s not the right one). Can anyone help with why I’m not seeing both pages as available to post using this Zap?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 May 2023, 05:25

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SSNoble 

Good question.

Connect to Facebook Pages on Zapier

Facebook Pages uses Oauth to authenticate your account on Zapier.

• Grant Zapier permission to access your account if prompted to.

About Facebook Pages's app

Are self-hosted or cloud-hosted accounts supported? N/A  
Is a paid Facebook Pages plan required? No  
Are any special account permissions required? Yes
  • You'll need to be a Facebook Page Admin.
  • You'll need to grant Zapier view and edit access in your Business Settings.
    • In Additional Business Integration Settings, the Who can see you use this business integration? field needs to be set to Public
  • Some Facebook accounts may require additional permission to be authorized to post. You'll need to have your Identify Confirmed in your Identity Confirmation settings.

Learn more about Facebook Pages' account permissions.

Are there usage limits? No  
Are there pagination limits? Yes If you're a Facebook Page Admin for more than 150 Facebook Pages, you may not see all Facebook Pages from the dropdown menu. To fix this, insert the Facebook Page ID as a custom value into the dropdown menu.
Do trigger samples use real data from your account or generic data? Real trigger samples  
Are custom fields supported? N/A  
Do update actions overwrite or append to existing data? N/A  
Is there any additional info? Yes

Guidelines for media uploads:

• Video files are limited to 1.4GB. Learn more about video file formats that are accepted by Facebook.
  • For images sizes:
    • High-resolution display: 1200 x 630 pixels
    • Recommended: 600 x 315 pixels
    • Minimum: 200 x 200 pixels. Image sizes lower than the minimum will not display.

Use Facebook's Crawler tool to preview how content shared from URLs appears. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

The special permissions row from Troy’s post above is probably the culprit here.

Beyond that, note that you can also enter the ID of the page you want even if it doesn’t show up. You can try that and see if it works. It likely won’t, but maybe the error message we get will help us out.

Were you able to solve this issue? I am having the exact same issue and have the same issue with other apps. I still can’t see that Facebook Page as an option. There must be some permission that is not checked off but I am unable to find exactly what.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Awesome Ninja,

Have you tried inputting the Page ID as a custom value on your Facebook Pages “Page” field? Like so:

1. Locate the Page ID here:ad8db44aaa30afd2149eb1defd2fd6f3.png
    (view larger)

2. Input the Page ID as a custom value:
    ec4862728959bc8ee3d08f6e77c684fa.png
    (view larger)

Please give that a try, and let us know how it goes! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a I’m having the same issue.

I’ve tried using the Facebook page number/identifier but that doesn’t work.

I’ve tried removing the zapper - Facebook connection from both ends and reconnecting but no luck.

Thanks

I have the same problem, the day before yesterday all my pages disappeared. I can't post anything... Is there any solution?

Userlevel 1

@shalgrim, @Troy Tessalone, it seems some of us still have issues with this - do you have any insight into what might be going on?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that you’re also having issues accessing your Facebook pages, @Awesome Ninja@agentofchange and @Kdls

I wanted to share the solution posted in a similar thread in Community in case the details from it are helpful to you all in solving this:

“One common issue that keeps pages from populating in the "Page" dropdown is the permissions settings in Facebook.
The first thing we will want to check is the Admin permissions. To do this, follow this link to the Business Manager settings page: https://business.facebook.com/settings

From that page, we'll want to check the following:

• Accounts > Pages > People > The connected account in Zapier should be a page Admin here for the missing page.
  • Accounts > Ad Accounts > People > The connected account in Zapier should also be an Ad Admin for the Ad Account.
  • Integrations > Leads Access > CRMs > Zapier should be listed with Lead Access granted here.

Here's a link to a detailed guide with screenshots of the required settings:
https://community.zapier.com/show-tell-5/facebook-lead-ads-not-triggering-for-new-leads-pulling-in-sample-or-other-issues-here-s-a-guide-to-help-you-18719
Would you be able to check each of those settings and send over a screenshot so I can also have a look?

In addition, please check if the Business Integrations for Zapier in the linked Facebook account has all the checkboxes enabled. I see past reports of users experiencing this same error message when one of these permissions was missing. Here is a screenshot to illustrate this:
efe5434c9bffae16f91ae7d685771ae5.png
(view larger)
Here is a Facebook help document about editing privacy and settings for Business Integrations on your personal Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/help/405094243235242.

A workaround you can try is to use the "Custom" option in the Page field of the trigger step. This will let you type in or paste the "ID" of the page inside the field box. That's the quickest way to load a value to a dropdown list that doesn't appear as an option immediately.
26ff15e7acde98ae2727c6c34d10fca7.png
(view larger)
The page ID can be found here:
4c3f067550cae5be785cc06cc2e681c6.png
(view larger)”

@agentofchange - I know you mentioned that using the Facebook page number/identifier didn’t work. But thought it might be worth double-checking this in case the ID number for the Facebook page differs form the one you’re able to see when going to the same place in Facebook as shown in the above screenshot.

If the above steps don’t work then I’d recommend contacting our Support team so they can investigate further. It could be that this is the result of a newly formed bug that’s not been reported in our bug tracking system yet. You can get in touch with them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hope that helps. Please do keep us updated on how you all get on, keen to make sure you’re all set! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB, thanks for this. Before trying once again (with your instructions) I checked if by any chance the full selection of pages was showing up in Zapier and lo and behold they seem to be all there.

As I didn’t change anything on my end in the intervening period, I wonder if it was a temporary bug.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @agentofchange

I’m so glad that they’re loading correctly now, though it is very strange. You could well be right and this was just the result of a temporary glitch that has since resolved itself. 

@Awesome Ninja and @Kdls - can you confirm whether the pages are loading correctly for you as well now? 🤞

Hi. I cant find the facebook page at trigger section. 

I did this and not find yet :((((

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @isgav 👋 I’m so sorry, it appears we totally missed your reply here previously! 

I did some checking and spotted that you reached out to our Support team about this and they were able to identify why the page wasn't loading. Not sure if you’ve seen their response yet but I’ll share the details from it here in case it’s useful:

“It seems like it's working, but we do have a different issue on why it's not showing on your end.

The connected account seems no longer available:

290e64c8b8f0d985c56381fe900a7821.png
(view larger)

Please connect again to a new account here:
https://zapier.com/app/connections ”

Hope that helps. If you have any follow up questions on that I’d recommend continuing that conversation with the Support team over email to help get it sorted. 🙂

Good afternoon,

I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried everything in this post and the page is not appearing yet.

How can I proceed? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @scolome! 👋

I’m so sorry that you’re running into this issue as well. If all the permissions for the the connected account are definitely correct and it’s not appearing after reconnecting the account, then the only workaround I know of would be to manually select it by entering the ID of the Facebook page into the Page field like so:
f75007e18b45d031d658ba236c7e3c64.png

Can you give that a try and let us know whether that allows you to continue the set up of the Zap with the correct Facebook page selected?