Best answer

Not all Facebook pages appearing in Facebook Messenger

Userlevel 1

This post was split from the topic: Facebook page not showing as option when creating Zap

I’ve been having the same problem - zapier only detects one of my facebook pages and none of the new pages i’ve created. I’ve disconnected and reconnected my facebook account from zapier over 100 times literally - it will not detect new pages. I’m the creator of the pages and have all the access.. why is it not working? i don’t understand what troy’s message means.. i’m even using a paid version of zapier and still can’t get support on this

icon

Best answer by SamB 2 August 2023, 14:46

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Can you try clicking on “Custom” in the drop down and manually entering the page ID there?

Userlevel 1

Can you try clicking on “Custom” in the drop down and manually entering the page ID there?

It doesn’t detect the messages when i do the “test trigger” for fb messenger zap. I’m trying to create AI bots with chatgpt - and was only able to create one on my original page and can’t create new chat bots on new pages.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Usually you can still set up Zaps even if they don’t find a test message in the trigger. Is not having the test message blocking you in some way?

Userlevel 1

Usually you can still set up Zaps even if they don’t find a test message in the trigger. Is not having the test message blocking you in some way?

pulling the data required for chatgpt to respond and facebook messenger to respond… i need that information from the data pulled from the test?

How can i add in those custom fields on the next step if they weren’t detected during a test?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

If you know the names of the fields you can still map them. The trick is to type in {{NODEID__FIELDNAME}}

In that syntax, NODEID is the ID of the step where the data comes from, so in the editor if you’re getting the data from the trigger it will be the first big number in the URL when you’re editing the Zap. FIELDNAME is the name of the field that will be coming from Facebook. E.g., something like first_name

So what you’d enter in that case would be {{123456789__first_name}} … note the double underscore between the node ID and the field name.

Of course, if you don’t know the field names, it might not work. Regardless, it should be enough for you to turn on the Zap and test it live...at that point we may be able to retrieve the field names from the actual run.

Userlevel 1

with my new pages that i’m just trying to put in the page id in the custom field and i’m trying to set up the chat bots with chatgpt - once i get to this stage (that i showed above) on the new page/zap, this is what it says

Userlevel 1

If you know the names of the fields you can still map them. The trick is to type in {{NODEID__FIELDNAME}}

In that syntax, NODEID is the ID of the step where the data comes from, so in the editor if you’re getting the data from the trigger it will be the first big number in the URL when you’re editing the Zap. FIELDNAME is the name of the field that will be coming from Facebook. E.g., something like first_name

So what you’d enter in that case would be {{123456789__first_name}} … note the double underscore between the node ID and the field name.

Of course, if you don’t know the field names, it might not work. Regardless, it should be enough for you to turn on the Zap and test it live...at that point we may be able to retrieve the field names from the actual run.

That’s just insane - where am i supposed to find all of this information? I’m not a coder or programmer… i pay for zapier because it’s supposed to be easy… why isn’t it detecting, i just want it to detect my page

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Ah, I see how that message makes it sound like you really do have to do that, but you should be able to plow ahead as described despite that message

Userlevel 1

Ah, I see how that message makes it sound like you really do have to do that, but you should be able to plow ahead as described despite that message

is there a page that i can use to reference all the fields and what to type to dumb it down for a non techy like me?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I get it. It sounds frustrating. Have you tried contacting support? That might be a good next step.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

is there a page that i can use to reference

Since Facebook Lead Ads has custom fields, probably not. You could just guess something like phone_number and email_address, turn it on, then try a live run. On the live run then we’d see the real fields and then we can go back and edit them to the right value. That’s a troubleshooting step we use sometimes to get the actual fields, even though it’s non-intuitive.

Userlevel 1

is there a page that i can use to reference

Since Facebook Lead Ads has custom fields, probably not. You could just guess something like phone_number and email_address, turn it on, then try a live run. On the live run then we’d see the real fields and then we can go back and edit them to the right value. That’s a troubleshooting step we use sometimes to get the actual fields, even though it’s non-intuitive.

but i’d be running the ad not as a lead ad, i’d be running it as a messenger ad - “message our chat bot now to see if you can break it”

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That would probably still accomplish the goal if I’m understanding correctly. It will likely involve some tinkering and trial-and-error, or you could contact support.

Userlevel 1

That would probably still accomplish the goal if I’m understanding correctly. It will likely involve some tinkering and trial-and-error, or you could contact support.

Ok thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @terryniko! 👋

Just wanted to pop in here as spotted that you reached out to Support and they were able to help get this solved. Yay! 😁🎉

I’ll share Support’s suggestions here in case it’s helpful to others running into similar issues with Facebook Messenger:

“One common issue that keeps pages from populating in the "Page" dropdown is the permissions settings in Facebook.
The first thing we will want to check is the Admin permissions. To do this, follow this link to the Business Manager settings page: https://business.facebook.com/settings

From that page, we'll want to check the following:

• Accounts > Pages > People > The connected account in Zapier should be a page Admin here for the missing page.
  • Accounts > Ad Accounts > People > The connected account in Zapier should also be an Ad Admin for the Ad Account.
  • Integrations > Leads Access > CRMs > Zapier should be listed with Lead Access granted here.

Here's a link to a detailed guide with screenshots of the required settings:
https://community.zapier.com/show-tell-5/facebook-lead-ads-not-triggering-for-new-leads-pulling-in-sample-or-other-issues-here-s-a-guide-to-help-you-18719
Would you be able to check each of those settings and send over a screenshot so I can also have a look?

In addition, please check if the Business Integrations for Zapier in the linked Facebook account has all the checkboxes enabled. I see past reports of users experiencing this same error message when one of these permissions was missing. Here is a screenshot to illustrate this:
efe5434c9bffae16f91ae7d685771ae5.png
(view larger)
Here is a Facebook help document about editing privacy and settings for Business Integrations on your personal Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/help/405094243235242.

A workaround you can try is to use the "Custom" option in the Page field of the trigger step. This will let you type in or paste the "ID" of the page inside the field box. That's the quickest way to load a value to a dropdown list that doesn't appear as an option immediately.
26ff15e7acde98ae2727c6c34d10fca7.png
(view larger)
The page ID can be found here:
4c3f067550cae5be785cc06cc2e681c6.png
(view larger)”