Question

Facebook leads are not automatically sent to ActiveCampaign, despite successful tests.

• 25 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi, I have created a zap to automate my facebook leads to Activecampaign and creating a new contact in Master Contact list. However, the leads do not flow to my Master Contact list automatically. Is there something wrong with my Zap? I had tested my zap before publishing and tested that the connection was ok. A dummy lead was also created in Activecampaign during my test zap.

Please help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ctio 

Good question.

For clarity and context, please provide detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, here are the screenshots of my Zap. The aim is for leads to enter their details on a form in the Facebook Ad and automate it to the Master Contact list in ActiveCampaign. 

Hope you can help please! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ctio 

When you test the Zap step it should return the Contact ID from AC.

You can use that Contact ID to find the Contact.

In the AC Contact, you can see the history log of changes, which may help you troubleshoot.

Perhaps there is some AC Automation configured that is removing the Contact from the Master List.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Ctio, I know this is from a few days ago but I wanted to check in and see if this Zap ever started working for you? I’m not noticing any issues with the setup of your Zap, nor did I see any bugs logged in our system for this, if you are still encountering an error, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team as they will able able to peak into your account and take a closer look at what is going on!

Hi @chanelle, thanks for getting back. No, the zap didnt work for me for any new leads coming in from Facebook Ads. The new leads did not sync into my master contact list in ActiveCampaign. However, the test sync from Zapier did work, so i’m not really too sure what is the problem. 

but okay, i’ll raise this to support team! many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Ctio! 👋 

I hope you don’t mind me popping in here! I was just wondering, is the issue that new leads are triggering the Zap but aren’t added into ActiveCampaign? Or were new leads not triggering the Zap at all? 

If new leads were triggering the Zap - then the issue is likely to be with the ActiveCampaign action. In which case, you’ll want to check the Zap History for any errors to help get a better idea of why the lead wasn’t added to ActiveCampaign.

If the Zap wasn’t triggering for any new leads - then it’s likely to be an issue with the Facebook Lead Ads trigger. In most cases, this is caused by an issue with the connected Facebook account’s permissions. You can find out more about how to fix that here: I’m receiving new leads in Facebook, but my Zap is not running

Hope that helps. If you do manage to get this solved with our Support team’s help, please do report back here to let us know! 🙂