Question

Facebook Lead Ads to Google Sheets Zap missing raw data

• 16 October 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi I am Missing Data from FB Lead Ads into Google Sheet. The zap seems to be set up correctly. I have followed previous suggestions on other similar topics but it’s still not showing the raw data from the FB form, so I can’t match it. Some are coming in fine, I have 3 missing and so they are missing from the sheet. For context I did duplicate a previous version of this zap and just change out the form etc. But I can also see that some previous form data fields are showing as options, but not the new fields. Any ideas please? Thanks 

Screenshots attached

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @katiecolella 

Good question.

In the new Zap, did you do these?

1. In the trigger step, did you “Find new records”
  2. Select a new found record
  3. Configure your Zap
  4. Test the Zap
  5. Publish the Zap
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone

Thank you for your reply. 

I have done all of these, (not sure about when I started the new zap completely) but I have done these things quite a few times to try and bring in the correct data- with no luck as yet :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katiecolella 

Have you reviewed these help articles?

https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-lead-ads/help

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496061345805-Use-the-Facebook-Lead-Ads-testing-tool-to-create-sample-leads

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone I have gone through everything I could find. I’ve done all the testing etc. Most of the fields are coming across just fine, it’s just those last 3 aren’t even showing up in Zapier (from FB) to be able to map them correctly to the sheet. The right questions are showing on the form in FB and I’ve tested that by completing it myself, so the right questions seem to be being asked, but not coming across to the sheet because I can’t map them. 

Thanks for your help and suggestions, much appreciated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katiecolella 

Can you post screenshots of the selected example from the Zap trigger step that matches to the sample submissions you submitted via the FB Lead Ads Testing Tool?

The sample lead in my Zap doesn't have the custom fields from my form

If your form has never been used, a generic lead may be created with default fields. You can create a test that uses the actual fields from your form by using the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool.

ratingStar icon Tip

If you've already used this tool to send a lead you'll have to delete that lead before you can submit another one.

When I test the trigger I only see old leads

If your Zap only picks up old leads when you test the trigger, make sure that you have a specific form selected in the Form dropdown menu.

If no form is selected, Zapier will retrieve samples from your oldest form first. By selecting the specific form you need, the Zap can then retrieve the newest sample.

Facebook Lead Ads is showing "ad_id" as "0"

This can happen if the lead was sent through the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool, as those leads are not organic and are not associated with an ad campaign.

Facebook Lead Ads gives me the full lead name, but I need first and last separately

Facebook Lead Ads forms use the field Full name as a default. If you'd like to have first and last name separately:

• Change the Lead Ads form to include First name and Last name fields, instead of Full name.
  • Or, if you prefer not to change your form, you can use a Formatter by Zapier step to split the full name into two parts.
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone  thank you here we are. I’ve included screenshots from the trigger (from the test) and the test and what shows in the google sheet. They are basically just empty columns as it’s not there to map. Thanks. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Initially it brought in fields of a previous form, I just thought it would take a few people coming through to update but the ads have been on over a week with dozens of people 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I also thought this may help to show you the form I am using on the ads are correct and the correct questions are showing in FB. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@katiecolella 

In your screenshot, I see the custom fields on the right side.

That means you should be able to map those variables to the GSheet step.

Try either searching for a partial match of the field value or the field label to then select the variable to map in the GSheet fields. (otherwise simply try scrolling)

Have you reviewed the full Form field description for possible guidance?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone , yes it’s the mapping that isn’t working as the fields aren’t there to map. I have uploaded screenshots of the testing of the form and also a prefview of the form to show that the correct questions are there. Then I have shown screenshots of the mapping choices in zapier. Three just aren’t there. I have searched and typed and scrolled a trillion times. I refresh the fields multiple times a day and they just aren’t bringing them in. 

Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone  I have also created a new form and a new zap and those 3 new questions are still not there from the data to map over to the sheet. I have run a test to push data through and exactly the same is happening 

Userlevel 1
Badge

PS when I created a new form, I added the questions again from scratch too, and I am refreshing the fields each time too

Userlevel 1
Badge

Woohoo @Troy Tessalone after hours upon hours doing the same things, taking the same steps, something has just clicked as all the missing fields have just come through (from all the forms I’ve created too, as it’s now there multiple times!).

Thanks for sticking with me, it’s finally sorted! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic news @katiecolella! 🎉 Big thanks to @Troy Tessalone for assisting on this! 👏👏👏

Sorry for any hassle in having to try all those steps again but I’m glad that finally sorted it. Please do reach out to the Community again if you need help with anything else. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes thank you @SamB and huge thanks @Troy Tessalone