Question

Facebook Lead Ads - can't connect following Facebook API permissions changes

• 24 October 2023
  • 1 reply

This post was split from the topic: Not all Facebook pages appearing in Facebook Messenger

None of these solutions work. Facebook’s API has changed and so has it’s permission requirements. Please stop trying to submit work arounds that are error-ridden SamB/Shalgrim, and look at the actual issue at hand. zapier needs to update it’s functionality to properly communicate with facebook lead forms. this is also a premium feature, that is now broken, so effectively anyone who signed up for facebook lead forms via zapier and paid for premium, should be getting credits on their account until this is resolved.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Moonraker! 👋

Hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your message out into it’s own topic since it relates to the Facebook Lead Ads app not the Facebook Messenger app that was being discussed in the previous thread.

Sorry to hear the workarounds shared in that other thread didn’t work for you. Following the recent changes to Facebook’s API there are now two version’s of the Facebook Lead Ads app to handle the different permissions requirements:

So it may be that you need to change the Facebook Lead Ads app you’re using in your Zaps to a different version. Also, if you’ve recently updated to a Meta work account I’d recommend checking out this help guide for details on how to go about reconnecting your account: Meta work account migration: What Facebook-related app users need to know

If the above doesn’t help to fix things I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team so that they can investigate further. They’ll be able to dig into the logs for your Zap to get more details on what’s causing issues and can help troubleshoot further. You can get in touch with them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Please do keep us updated on how you get on, keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂