Best answer

Facebook Groups error: The app returned "This endpoint isn't supported in the new Pages experience.

• 1 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello! I am trying to make a zap for my FB group to capture emails. I have my account set up and the group connected, but when I test the trigger, this is the error I receive: Unable to pull new posts: Error code: Error while retrieving: The app returned "This endpoint is not supported in the new Pages experience.".

Any feedback is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 February 2024, 10:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @redjami 

Good question.

Feedback

• The Facebook Groups Zap triggers won’t provide email addresses
  • Error while retrieving: The app returned "This endpoint is not supported in the new Pages experience.".
    • Looks like the Zap trigger being used in not support for the Facebook Pages experience.

I also need an answer to this question.

I also get “This endpoint is not supported in the new Pages experience” when I try to pull up a feed of new FB group posts as a zap test

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @redjami and @Marcel3000! 👋 Sorry to see that you’re both running into that error with the Facebook Groups app.

I did some digging on this side and found that there’s a bug report relating to that error. So I’ve gone ahead and added you both to the list of users being impacted by this issue. While I can’t provide any sort of timeline on when this might be resolved by we’ll be sure to send you both an email notification once it’s been fixed.

The only previously known workaround would have been to switch the page back to the Classic Pages version, but it seems that this is no longer possible: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/664061057662340. Sorry to not have a more immediate solution to suggest at this time. If we come across any other workarounds in the meantime we’ll be sure to share them here.

@SamB  I reeeeeally appreciate the feedback.  Thank you 

Is there a solution for this? 

Error code: Error while retrieving: The app returned "This endpoint is not supported in the new Pages experience.".

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JuliaSchue

I’ve just checked on the bug report and it’s still open unfortunately. I can’t give any estimate as to when you can expect it to have been resolved by but you’re on the list of folks being impacted by this so we’ll definitely notify by email you the minute it gets resolved. 

Really wish I had a workaround to suggest in the meantime. Thank you all for your continued patience on this. I hope it will be fixed soon! 🤞 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks 👋

I wanted to swing by here with a quick update on the Facebook Groups app

As a result of the upcoming changes to the Facebook Groups API, the Facebook Groups app on Zapier will be no longer usable from April 22, 2024.

Any zaps using Facebook Groups triggers or actions are expected to stop working on that day. You can learn more about this here: App update: Facebook Groups app removal

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions in the meantime. 🧡