Question

Facebook Groups error: Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request".

• 13 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I am unable to test my facebook group due to the error message Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request".

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tayloryoungzg 

Good question.

Please clarify what FB Groups Zap trigger/action you are trying to use in order for us to have more context.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy, I am needing a new post from a facebook group to trigger a message to one of our slack channels. I also noticed when I do try to link the group, it is not pulling any data from any recent posts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tayloryoungzg 

You can reference this help article for connecting FB Groups to Zapier: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496049452173

Othrewise, you can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @tayloryoungzg!

I can see that you reached out to the Support team about this and they gave you some instructions on making sure that your Facebook account is correctly set up and connected to Zapier. Here’s what they said:

It sounds like you need to give permissions to access the group's posts to the Zapier app. Just "adding" the app on the desktop version doesn't give the required permissions. To give permissions you need to follow these steps:

1. In your Facebook Group on the left-hand side navigate to Settings: 

cc8bd642770f34c7c9dfaba96c490d6a.png

2.  At the bottom of Manage Advanced Settings, choose the pencil icon next to Apps
e840f0cac32be5a4544cd17202adceef.png
(view larger)
3. In the pop up for Group Apps, choose Add Apps

01401a4433790ad1207b9de7cae7cec6.png
(view larger)

4. On the left-hand side under Group Apps, search in the search bar for Zapier. Choose the Zapier app.
3fab814d93b4ec668038c00bd0edf258.png
(view larger)

5. Lastly, choose Add App to This Group in order for Zapier to post in the Group
5c5662ad5641bf2f1ab59dc15b25b38c.png
(view larger)

Were you able to look at those settings? And did it solve the problem? If you need some more help troubleshooting this, it’s best to continue the conversation with my teammate in Support. 

Thanks!