Best answer

Facebook group post working but posts as personal acct/name and not business page

• 7 May 2023
  • 7 replies

I got the facebook groups integration working so my youtube uploads trigger a post in my facebook group, but it requires me to log into my personal account and when it posts a message in my business facebook group it puts my personal name. It’s a business group, so I want to keep my personal name private and post as my business page (which I also have), is there any way to change my name or have it post as my business page and not my personal facebook account? or even just change my display name in the group or something? Your help is greatly appreciated :D

icon

Best answer by ken.a 8 May 2023, 16:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JDZAPCOM,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Facebook Group integration only allows you to post as yourself rather than the group/page that you manage.

We do have an open feature request for this, and I have added you as an another interested user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

@ken.a I’m also interested in this feature. How can I get added to the list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @TheConversionMill,

I have added you as another interested member to the feature request. We will keep you in the loop via email once the feature has been implemented.

Thanks! 😊

Yes please add me too! Thanks😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @WVT,

I have added your vote to the open feature request. We will let you know via email once the feature has been implemented.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I am also interested in this! Please add me to the email list

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Minniejo,

It looks like the feature request has been closed because Facebook/Meta has decided to sunset their Facebook Group API on April 22 of this year. This means that our Facebook Group Zapier app, which uses this API, will stop functioning from that date.

However, according to their announcement, the API should still be functional until that date.

I’m so sorry if this isn’t the answer you’re looking for.